It seems like I do it once ever couple of months, but I’m finally making moves on the restructuring of WPD.
It’s been difficult deciding what kind of experience to cater to the audience while being limited on what content I can deliver.
This time around the website’s focus will be original content again, but on in a more organized sense. Rather than simply importing personal posts from Tumblr, I’ll craft articles. Countless pictures of cannabis get reduced into photo sets. GIFs get galleries. And I’ll crank up actually writing weeducation articles.
Tumblr will still stay a major focus. The front page of the site will have a feed of the latest Tumblr posts, and most of the navigation will hinge on Tumblr’s terrible tagging system.
Database is getting rewritten. Where it was only a repository for strains and their cannabinoid content, now I’m expanding on the data to include things such as flowering times, yields, etc. My goal will be to have the most complete and concise database on dank out there. The difficult portion will be distinguishing the various cuts and different strains by different growers.
And plenty more I’ve got scribbled down in my sketchbook and such.
Thus far I’ve been able to redesign the top navigation and include the latest Tumblr posts. Just the nav changes made the site look 20% more professional.
I’m working off the Tumblr theme that I completely rewrote from the ground up, making work much faster and efficient. The focus today will be refining the top drop downs, scripting a new latest WPD article slider for the front page/tumblr, and so much more shit.
Cause I fuckin’ forget
- Finished the resume
- Finished a quick WPD business card
- Finished new Tumblr theme + CSS alt
- Made ~30 gifs of stuff laying around. Still gotta make personal gifs
- Edited 5 videos for WPDTV. Got the closest macro I’ve ever done, and some change of lighting.
- Coded a quick page to show the free Tumblr themes yesterday and tried to make it flexible today. Realizing now it’s already flexible, I just need to get rid of the frame on smaller resos and swap it with a bg img.